Is mindfulness meditation about calming the mind and accepting things as they are? Or is it a force for social change and challenging oppression? Can meditation help us become intimate with our wild, primal and untamed creative force? Nirali Shah, certified UCLA mindfulness facilitator and teacher at Spirit Rock, has spent thousands of hours meditating, as well as serving in one of the largest slum communities of Asia. She currently teaches with technology companies such as Google as well as academic institutions and non-profits, with a focus on re-wilding the self.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio
- Audiobook: Coming Off Psychiatric Medications Harm Reduction Guide | Madness Radio
- Borderlands Acupuncture | Herman Garcia – Ryan Bemis | Madness Radio
- Geography of Madness | Frank Bures | Madness Radio
- Human Rights in India | Bhargavi Davar | Madness Radio
- Intergenerational Trauma | Naas Siddiqui | Madness Radio
- New Vision for Psychiatry | Jim van Os | Madness Radio
- Stop The Murphy Bill | Leah Harris | Madness Radio
- Charlotte: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: by the way, thank you both so much for this illuminating interview and than
- Charlotte: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: Don't know if anyone will see this comment/question but: I'm really I'm
- Suenos: on Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio: Thank you for this interview. Everything Ms. Shah said resonated with me. E
- neil.t.lane: on Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio: Thanks Nirali and Will for broaching such an important subject -- meditatio
- Laura Bemis: on Borderlands Acupuncture | Herman Garcia – Ryan Bemis | Madness Radio: I learned so much from this program. I am also on the Board of Crossroads A
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- Culture jammer and anti-consumerist publisher of Adbusters magazine Kalle Lasn talks about the mental environment, brands, organizing for change and how toxic culture causes emotional …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video