What is it like to hear voices — and are all voices harmful or can they also be helpers? What does voice hearing say about the human mind – and the society we live in? And how can we support people who hear voices? Lisa Forestell has heard voices since she was a child. She is an organizer with the Hearing Voices Movement and with the Western Massachusetts Learning Community, a mutual support initiative run by and for people with lived experience of unusual and extreme states of mind labeled as “mental illness.” http://www.westernmassrlc.org/
Subscribe or Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Outside Mental Health Preface Audiobook | Will Hall | Madness Radio
- Judaism Madness and Spirit | Caroline Mazel-Carlton | Madness Radio
- Soteria Alaska | Connor Tindall | Madness Radio
- Second Story Hospital Alternative | Adrian Bernard | Madness Radio
- Jungian Therapy for Psychosis | George Mecouch | Madness Radio
- Compassionate Psychotherapy | Olga Runciman | Madness Radio
- Systems View of Life | Fritjof Capra | Madness Radio
- Sane Vegan Transition | Sabrina Louise | Madness Radio
- Beatrice Pogin: on Judaism Madness and Spirit | Caroline Mazel-Carlton | Madness Radio: hello Caroline, please delete first comment. am listening to more of yo
- Taoistpoet: on Systems View of Life | Fritjof Capra | Madness Radio: This is great. Will, you have listed dozens of such examples of creative th
- Sophia Sadek: on Judaism Madness and Spirit | Caroline Mazel-Carlton | Madness Radio: Thanks for this podcast. I really enjoyed listening to this interview and
- Herbert John: on Judaism Madness and Spirit | Caroline Mazel-Carlton | Madness Radio: I have so much empathy with Caroline and what she has experienced. My expe
- Mark Lockyer: on Systems View of Life | Fritjof Capra | Madness Radio: There are times when you come across information and it's perfect timing fo
Have You Heard?
- Urban Shamanism with Julie Spooner, licensed psychologist from Brooklyn New York. Julie discusses a spiritual healing approach to madness and psychosis, including journeying through visionary …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video