Sharon Wise, psychiatric survivor activist on her story as a psychiatric survivor and organizing efforts to end “restraints and seclusion,” euphemisms for shackling and solitary confinement.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio
- Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio
- Crazywise Film | Phil Borges | Madness Radio
- Traditional South African Healing | Gogo Ekhaya Esima | Madness Radio
- Hearing Voices | Lisa Forestell | Madness Radio
- Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio
- Audiobook: Coming Off Psychiatric Medications Harm Reduction Guide
- Refugees and Trauma | Khatera Aslami-Tamplen | Madness Radio
- Will Hall: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: Thanks! We've done many shows on antipsychotics, check the archives and top
- Pat Hayes: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: I’m a real popular guy. Oh and thank you for posting my comments.
- John Herbert: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: I'm currently reading 'outside mental health' which is stimulating, well do
- Grumpy Bear: on Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.: Cannabis is cannabis. But like alcohol and so many psychiatric drugs, every
- Pat H: on Crazywise Film | Phil Borges | Madness Radio: Can you post my comment? Pete Townshend and Me. This is My way of healing w
Have You Heard?
- What is reality? Why do people in extreme states feel connected to the universe, and experience uncanny and even supernatural events? Does quantum physics have …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video