What if we just started having conversations about how to help each other through hard times? And took the time needed to really have discussions and hear the experiences of mad people? Erick Fabris is a psychiatric survivor activist and organizer based in Toronto Canada, and was part of the West End Survivors in Toronto that set up the first Mad Pride event in Canada, For ten years he worked with a patient’s council advising one of the country’s biggest hospitals, the Center for Addiction and Mental Health Care CAMH. Erick is the author of Tranquil Prisons: Chemical Incarceration Under Community Treatment Orders, a searing indictment of forced psychiatric drugging in the community. He is the founder of Crazy Talks and Mad Stories, a creative community event in Toronto, and is researching with the Mad Canada Shadow Report Group. https://www.erickfabris.com/crazytalks/ https://madcanada.wixsite.com/shadowreport
Subscribe or Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Abolish Psychiatry | Vesper Moore | Madness Radio
- Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio
- Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio
- Mad Camp July 20-24 2023 | Madness Radio
- Psychedelic Therapy Abuse: Ending the Silence | Will Hall | Madness Radio
- Mad Conversations | Erick Fabris | Madness Radio
- Love Is a Skill | Laura-Marie & Jacks McNamara | Madness Radio
- Somatic Trauma Therapy | Phillippe Citrine & Jacks McNamara | Madness Radio
Have You Heard?
- What’s it like to be a teenager in a psychiatric hospital? What’s it like to be a queer pregnant teenager? And is it true that friends do …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
- Sarah: on Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio: lol "This is madness radio; our tolerance for weird is really, really high!
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio: sitting here joying my tea, thinking about the development of the world and
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Ashley McNamara: Icarus Project: great work in your expansions and growth. I look forward to the development
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio: very interesting! I see now that it's very important to focus on our mental
- Will Hall: on Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio: Thanks so much - link should be ok now! - I'll connect you with Cassie.
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Process Work Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video