UK video activist and writer Mel Gunasena on her mystical experiences and forced psychiatric hospitalization. Mel is the director of Evolving Minds, a documentary film about spiritual experiences and what gets labeled “psychosis” by the mental health system. She also discusses the art therapy project in Sri Lanka she helped found to assist traumatized tsunami-affected children.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Traditional South African Healing | Gogo Ekhaya Esima | Madness Radio
- Hearing Voices | Lisa Forestell | Madness Radio
- Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio
- Audiobook: Coming Off Psychiatric Medications Harm Reduction Guide | Madness Radio
- Refugees and Trauma | Khatera Aslami-Tamplen | Madness Radio
- Borderlands Acupuncture | Herman Garcia – Ryan Bemis | Madness Radio
- Geography of Madness | Frank Bures | Madness Radio
- Human Rights in India | Bhargavi Davar | Madness Radio
- John Herbert: on Exporting Mental Disorders: Ethan Watters: It isn't à sign of good mental health to be well integrated in a society th
- John Herbert: on Therapy for Psychosis: Daniel Mackler: Great show, keep on changing the 'mental health' system from top to bottom
- Will Hall: on Redefining Research: Nev Jones: While the concern for privacy and speaking for oneself is very important, a
- Colin Hambrook: on Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio: I really appreciate this interview - echoed a lot of feelings about meditat
- Priya Prabhakaran: on Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio: Thank you so much Nirali and Will...I really needed to hear this today and
Have You Heard?
- What does it mean to be autistic, have Asperger's, or be on the autism spectrum? Is autism a disease to be overcome, or a difference …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video