After James Chasse, a man with a schizophrenia diagnosis, was killed by Portland police in 2006, reforms included improved police training. Julie Diamond discusses efforts to help teach police better de-escalation and conflict resolution techniques as an alternative to force and violence.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Systems View of Life | Fritjof Capra | Madness Radio
- Sane Vegan Transition | Sabrina Louise | Madness Radio
- Life After Psych Meds | Laura Delano | Madness Radio
- Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio
- Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio
- Crazywise Film | Phil Borges | Madness Radio
- Traditional South African Healing | Gogo Ekhaya Esima | Madness Radio
- Hearing Voices | Lisa Forestell | Madness Radio
- Will Hall: on Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio: I wish I could do more shows with more guests - your story is certainly wor
- John Herbert: on Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio: I have the uncanny feeling that you know my story Will. I also have the fee
- Will Hall: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: Thanks! We've done many shows on antipsychotics, check the archives and top
- Pat Hayes: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: I’m a real popular guy. Oh and thank you for posting my comments.
- John Herbert: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: I'm currently reading 'outside mental health' which is stimulating, well do
Have You Heard?
- What if you were the only one seeing coded messages, covert realities, and elaborate plots all around you? Does that make you out of touch with reality, …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video