After James Chasse, a man with a schizophrenia diagnosis, was killed by Portland police in 2006, reforms included improved police training. Julie Diamond discusses efforts to help teach police better de-escalation and conflict resolution techniques as an alternative to force and violence.
Subscribe or Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- A Ten Day Voyage | R.D. Laing Politics of Experience Audiobook | Madness Radio
- Abolition Is Disability Justice | Tina Minkowitz | Madness Radio
- Abolish Psy? | Craig Newnes | Madness Radio
- Flight From Trauma | Paris Williams | Madness Radio
- Rethinking Therapy | Will Hall and Ryan Hofrichter | Madness Radio
- Youth Leadership | Felicity Krueger & Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio
- Lyme And Dyskinesia | Monica Cassani | Madness Radio
- Consent Not Required | Rob Wipond | Madness Radio
Have You Heard?
- Why are nearly a third of all elders in nursing homes given anti-psychotic drugs, despite life threatening side effects? Are medications being used as chemical …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
- Sarah: on Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio: lol "This is madness radio; our tolerance for weird is really, really high!
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio: sitting here joying my tea, thinking about the development of the world and
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Ashley McNamara: Icarus Project: great work in your expansions and growth. I look forward to the development
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio: very interesting! I see now that it's very important to focus on our mental
- Will Hall: on Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio: Thanks so much - link should be ok now! - I'll connect you with Cassie.
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Process Work Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Abolition Video Youth