Ashley McNamara, co-founder of the Icarus Project, discusses her struggles with experiences diagnosed as bipolar disorder, and her work organizing the Icarus Project, an alternative support network for people who challenge the medical and disease understanding of madness. Ashley also reads from her poetry and journal.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Hearing Voices | Lisa Forestell | Madness Radio
- Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio
- Audiobook: Coming Off Psychiatric Medications Harm Reduction Guide | Madness Radio
- Borderlands Acupuncture | Herman Garcia – Ryan Bemis | Madness Radio
- Geography of Madness | Frank Bures | Madness Radio
- Human Rights in India | Bhargavi Davar | Madness Radio
- Intergenerational Trauma | Naas Siddiqui | Madness Radio
- New Vision for Psychiatry | Jim van Os | Madness Radio
- Will Hall: on Redefining Research: Nev Jones: While the concern for privacy and speaking for oneself is very important, a
- Colin Hambrook: on Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio: I really appreciate this interview - echoed a lot of feelings about meditat
- Priya Prabhakaran: on Meditation and Liberation | Nirali Shah | Madness Radio: Thank you so much Nirali and Will...I really needed to hear this today and
- Charlotte: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: by the way, thank you both so much for this illuminating interview and than
- Charlotte: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: Don't know if anyone will see this comment/question but: I'm really I'm
Have You Heard?
- Community organizer and writer Michael Gennarelli talks about his 8 years of psychiatric treatment as a child and his stays at Bellevue Hospital in New …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video