Longtime consumer-survivor movement leader and pioneer in recovery education Pat Deegan talks about her story surviving a schizophrenia diagnosis, empowered medication decisions, and her development of innovative assisstive technology.
Subscribe or Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Abolish Psychiatry | Vesper Moore | Madness Radio
- Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio
- Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio
- Mad Camp July 20-24 2023 | Madness Radio
- Psychedelic Therapy Abuse: Ending the Silence | Will Hall | Madness Radio
- Mad Conversations | Erick Fabris | Madness Radio
- Love Is a Skill | Laura-Marie & Jacks McNamara | Madness Radio
- Somatic Trauma Therapy | Phillippe Citrine & Jacks McNamara | Madness Radio
Have You Heard?
- Can the breakdown of psychosis show the way forward to spiritual breakthrough? Is there a path through the depths of mental health crisis independent of …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
- Sarah: on Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio: lol "This is madness radio; our tolerance for weird is really, really high!
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Tea with Spirit | Karin Jervert | Madness Radio: sitting here joying my tea, thinking about the development of the world and
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Ashley McNamara: Icarus Project: great work in your expansions and growth. I look forward to the development
- BRANDON LAMONT COOPER: on Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio: very interesting! I see now that it's very important to focus on our mental
- Will Hall: on Psychiatric Incarceration | Cassie Wilson | Madness Radio: Thanks so much - link should be ok now! - I'll connect you with Cassie.
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Process Work Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video