What does healthcare become when science is limited by a mechanistic, machine view of reality? How does a mechanistic view shape concepts of mental health and illness – and deny the fundamental aliveness of human beings? What does the study of living systems teach us for creating a different, more holistic vision? Fritjof Capra, theoretical physicist, systems theorist, and author of several international bestselling books including The Tao of Physics, The Web of Life, and most recently The Systems View of Life (co-authored with Pier Luigi Luisi), discusses a shift in scientific consciousness with far reaching implications for our understanding of mind and mental illness. www.fritjofcapra.net www.capracourse.net Photo: Basso Cannarsa
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Jungian Therapy for Psychosis | George Mecouch | Madness Radio
- Compassionate Psychotherapy | Olga Runciman | Madness Radio
- Systems View of Life | Fritjof Capra | Madness Radio
- Sane Vegan Transition | Sabrina Louise | Madness Radio
- Life After Psych Meds | Laura Delano | Madness Radio
- Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio
- Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio
- Crazywise Film | Phil Borges | Madness Radio
- Mark Lockyer: on Systems View of Life | Fritjof Capra | Madness Radio: There are times when you come across information and it's perfect timing fo
- Will Hall: on Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio: I wish I could do more shows with more guests - your story is certainly wor
- John Herbert: on Queer Teen Pregnancy | Nina Packebush | Madness Radio: I have the uncanny feeling that you know my story Will. I also have the fee
- Will Hall: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: Thanks! We've done many shows on antipsychotics, check the archives and top
- Pat Hayes: on Legacy of R.D. Laing | Michael Guy Thompson | Madness Radio: I’m a real popular guy. Oh and thank you for posting my comments.
Have You Heard?
- Harvard University faculty Paula Caplan, author of They Say You're Crazy: How The World's Most Powerful Psychiatrists Decide Who's Normal and editor of Bias In …
Recent Blog Posts
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video