Judi Chamberlin is a leading organizer with the psychiatric survivors’ movement and one of its earliest initiators. She is author of On Our Own: Patient Controlled Alternatives to the Mental Health System and staff with the National Empowerment Center. Show is co-hosted by Cheryl Alexander.
Upcoming Show Live! Fri Sept 4 1:30pm PST w/Mary O’Hara, Guardian columnist and author – on “Austerity and Mental Health” – taking questions
Chat live + submit your questions! Click here during broadcast
Add to Calendar 09/04/2015 1:30 PM 09/04/2015 2:30 PM America/Los_Angeles Mary O'Hara - Madness Radio - live - Mental Health and Austerity Mary O'Hara Guardian Columnist and Author on "Mental Health and Economic Austerity" LIVE FORMAT Fri Sept. 4 130pm PST, Mary O'Hara Madness Radio Fri Sept. e 1:30pm Pacific New live format! Join the conversation! Mary O'Hara is a Guardian newspaper journalist whose new book "Austerity Bites" looks at the impact of economic austerity on our lives. How do budget cuts and declining wages impact us emotionally and psychologically? www.maryohara.eu www.madnessradio.net false MM/DD/YYYY
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Austerity Economies and Mental Health | Mary O’Hara | Madness Radio
- Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio
- Evolution of Mind | Maxine Sheets-Johnstone | Madness Radio
- Lincoln’s Depression | Joshua Wolf Shenk | Madness Radio
- Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon
- Communicating With Psychosis | Dina Tyler
- Family Homes | Carina Håkansson
- Sandy Steingard: on Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio: I agree. Maybe I missed it in the interview but at some point, it would be
- Bil Miller: on Healing Connection | Lauren Spiro: Lauren, Well done. It seemed like a great story. Gladly I met you in Jun
- Oryx Cohen: on Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio: Thanks for your comment Sandy! I believe we need to create time and resour
- Sandy Steingard: on Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio: First of all, I want to thank Oryx Cohen for sharing his story. This is co
- Fiachra: on Peter Stastny: Dissident Psychiatrist: I can identify with Anonymous I think (as far as I am concerned) a per
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- Zyprexa manufacturer Eli-Lilly covered up criminal conduct and drug risks, leaked documents show, and is using a court gag order to keep survivor activists, including …
Recent Blog Posts
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
@willhall on Twitter
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video