Clinical psychologist Bruce Levine discusses his new book Surviving America’s Depression Epidemic: How to Find Morale, Energy, and Community in a World Gone Crazy, an insightful exploration of the social and political causes of depression and how to heal by rebuilding communities.
Upcoming Show Live! Fri Sept 4 1:30pm PST w/Mary O’Hara, Guardian journalist – on “Austerity and Mental Health” – taking questions
Chat live + submit your questions! Click here during broadcast
Add to Calendar 09/04/2015 1:30 PM 09/04/2015 2:30 PM America/Los_Angeles Mary O'Hara - Madness Radio - live - Mental Health and Austerity Mary O'Hara Guardian Columnist on "Mental Health and Economic Austerity" LIVE FORMAT Fri Sept. 4 130pm PST, Mary O'Hara Madness Radio Fri Sept. e 1:30pm Pacific New live format! Join the conversation! Mary O'Hara is a Guardian newspaper journalist whose new book "Austerity Bites" looks at the impact of economic austerity on our lives. How do budget cuts and declining wages impact us emotionally and psychologically? www.madnessradio.net false MM/DD/YYYY
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen
- Evolution of Mind | Maxine Sheets-Johnstone
- Lincoln’s Depression | Joshua Wolf Shenk | Madness Radio
- Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon
- Communicating With Psychosis | Dina Tyler
- Family Homes | Carina Håkansson
- Healing Connection | Lauren Spiro
- Michael E.: on Evolution of Mind | Maxine Sheets-Johnstone: What a fascinating, deep, intelligent interview with a most interesting gue
- bee: on Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon: this resonated with me on such a personal level. as someone with a lived ex
- ena: on Understanding Borderline Trauma: Rita Marshall: "This was the richest, most helpful conversation I’ve heard that addresses
- Corey Trench: on Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law: Will, You work is masterful. Lived experiences and learning. What could
- Juli Star-Alexander: on Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement: I have suffered from, as have my family members, great malpractice and abus
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- Amy Sanderson, Rufus May, and Andrew Wood discuss Evolving Minds, a visionary public forum and activist group challenging traditional mental health care in England, including …
Recent Blog Posts
- Cannabis for Treating Psychiatric Problems? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
@willhall on Twitter
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video