Vara Adams survived forced hospitalization, drugging, and multiple electroshocks as a teen in Melbourne Australia. She went on to become a heavy metal-influenced songwriter about her experiences as part of the healing process. Show includes several of Vara’s songs.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Stop The Murphy Bill | Leah Harris | Madness Radio
- Economic Austerity and Mental Health | Mary O’Hara | Madness Radio
- Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio
- Evolution of Mind | Maxine Sheets-Johnstone | Madness Radio
- Lincoln’s Depression | Joshua Wolf Shenk | Madness Radio
- Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon
- Communicating With Psychosis | Dina Tyler
- Hans Schmidt: on Stop The Murphy Bill | Leah Harris | Madness Radio: Bravo! So much good information from such experienced advocates for people
- Thea: on Evolving Minds: Mel Gunasena: I liked this interview very much. I live in London and was sectioned by the
- Tia Maria: on Colonialism and Native Mental Health: Stella Montour: Thanks for speaking out loud. An update would be beautiful to hear. <3
- Tia Maria: on Colonialism and Native Mental Health: Stella Montour: Good for soul and heart.Thank you for speaking out loud.
- jilber: on Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio: I've been listening to Madness Radio podcast for about 6 months and I decid
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- Community organizer and writer Michael Gennarelli talks about his 8 years of psychiatric treatment as a child and his stays at Bellevue Hospital in New …
Recent Blog Posts
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
@willhall on Twitter
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video