Vara Adams survived forced hospitalization, drugging, and multiple electroshocks as a teen in Melbourne Australia. She went on to become a heavy metal-influenced songwriter about her experiences as part of the healing process. Show includes several of Vara’s songs.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Lincoln’s Depression | Joshua Wolf Shenk | Madness Radio
- Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon
- Communicating With Psychosis | Dina Tyler
- Family Homes | Carina Håkansson
- Healing Connection | Lauren Spiro
- Risky Pills: David Healy
- Medical Coercion: Tomi Gomory
- Сергей Титаренко: on Schizophrenia and Black Politics: Jonathan Metzl: Risk of developing the disease susceptible men and women. In men, the first
- Tim Dreby: on Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio: Thank you Michael, I really appreciate being appreciated for being vulnerab
- Tim Dreby: on Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio: Dear Will, This comment is a little late; I've been very busy finishing up
- sickofpdocsmeds: on Bipolar Medication Myths: Dr Joanna Moncrieff: Good job! I also agree with you regarding good and bad health insurance. On
- Scott Bryant-Comstock: on Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law: Will: Thank you so much for this heartfelt post and for your willingness
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- July 2007: psychiatric survivors from the Freedom Center in Northampton MA pushed a bed across town and held a rally and speakout against local mental …
Recent Blog Posts
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
- Transcript of Will Hall Keynote Speech at Alternatives 2012
- Madness Radio Kickstarter Campaign SUCCEEDS! – Thank you to all donors!
@willhall on Twitter
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video