Vara Adams survived forced hospitalization, drugging, and multiple electroshocks as a teen in Melbourne Australia. She went on to become a heavy metal-influenced songwriter about her experiences as part of the healing process. Show includes several of Vara’s songs.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Geography of Madness | Frank Bures | Madness Radio
- Human Rights in India | Bhargavi Davar | Madness Radio
- Intergenerational Trauma | Naas Siddiqui | Madness Radio
- New Vision for Psychiatry | Jim van Os | Madness Radio
- Stop The Murphy Bill | Leah Harris | Madness Radio
- Economic Austerity and Mental Health | Mary O’Hara | Madness Radio
- Journey Through Mania | Oryx Cohen | Madness Radio
- Evolution of Mind | Maxine Sheets-Johnstone | Madness Radio
- Ed Knight: on Buddhist Meditation and Schizophrenia: Ed Knight: My name is Ed Knight PhD. (firstname.lastname@example.org) I did the interview pos
- Toby Watson: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: Your most welcome Michelle. Here are several places I recommend: www.psychi
- Toby Watson: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: I have not Sarah. I have supervised others who have though. I have had pe
- Toby Watson: on Ethical Therapy: Toby Watson: Sorry for the very untimely response, but I was unaware of the chat till no
- Rose Marylove: on Bipolar Medication Myths: Dr Joanna Moncrieff: Am from England, Oxford,UK ...madness has been ongoing in my family for lo
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- Is depression a result of poverty? How can community development and economic empowerment affect mental health? Psychology professor Alisha Ali discusses the dangers of turning …
Recent Blog Posts
- Cannabis for Treating Mental Health Conditions? A Clear Yes, Maybe.
- Thinking Upstream: Winning Real Mental Health Reform By Joining the Anti-Corruption Movement
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video