Longtime consumer-survivor movement leader and pioneer in recovery education Pat Deegan talks about her story surviving a schizophrenia diagnosis, empowered medication decisions, and her development of innovative assisstive technology.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Lincoln’s Depression | Joshua Wolf Shenk | Madness Radio
- Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon
- Communicating With Psychosis | Dina Tyler
- Pornography Conversations | Nica Noelle
- Family Homes | Carina Håkansson
- Healing Connection | Lauren Spiro
- Redefining Research: Nev Jones
- Michael E.: on Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities: Beautifully and cogently expressed. Thanks Will.
- Michael E.: on Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio: There's a saying that many may be familiar with "keep on keeping on". For
- Will Hall: on Pornography Conversations | Nica Noelle: Thanks for your comments - I do agree that as a producer Nica has her own b
- Rosa: on Pornography Conversations | Nica Noelle: I'm relieved to read the contributions from Cosima and Ena. I actually stop
- Will Hall: on Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon: Thank you for this thoughtful reply and for the personal story, quite fasci
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- A harrowing film of six families devastated by the dangerous violence-causing effects of anti-depressant drugs. [Read more...]
Recent Blog Posts
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
- Transcript of Will Hall Keynote Speech at Alternatives 2012
- Madness Radio Kickstarter Campaign SUCCEEDS! – Thank you to all donors!
- Coming Off Medications Guide Free Download – Now In Second Edition
- Will Hall at Unitarian Church Vancouver Canada March 2012 – Transcript
@willhall on Twitter
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video