Violence and Madness with Robert Whitaker, Pulitzer-nominated author of “Mad In America,” discussing the role of psychiatric drugs in causing violence, the history of coercive psychiatric treatments, and responses to the recent murder of prominent psychiatrist Wayne Fenton by his patient.
Subscribe / Follow Us!
Subscribe to Madness Radio updates by email
- Lincoln’s Depression | Joshua Wolf Shenk | Madness Radio
- Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia | Bert Karon
- Communicating With Psychosis | Dina Tyler
- Family Homes | Carina Håkansson
- Healing Connection | Lauren Spiro
- Risky Pills: David Healy
- Medical Coercion: Tomi Gomory
- Peggy MacTaggart: on Colonialism and Native Mental Health: Stella Montour: This was an excellent interview done by a very power Aboriginal woman. I w
- Сергей Титаренко: on Schizophrenia and Black Politics: Jonathan Metzl: Risk of developing the disease susceptible men and women. In men, the first
- Tim Dreby: on Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio: Thank you Michael, I really appreciate being appreciated for being vulnerab
- Tim Dreby: on Special Messages | Tim Dreby | Madness Radio: Dear Will, This comment is a little late; I've been very busy finishing up
- sickofpdocsmeds: on Bipolar Medication Myths: Dr Joanna Moncrieff: Good job! I also agree with you regarding good and bad health insurance. On
Have You Heard? A Show from the Archives
- The US incarcerates more people than any country in the world - and 70% are people of color. Do we need better mental health care …
Recent Blog Posts
- Letter to the Mother of a “Schizophrenic:” We Must Do Better Than Forced Treatment and Laura’s Law
- Thai Translation of Coming Off Meds Guide!
- Is it Depression? Or Melancholy? Or…
- The Substance of Substance Use: Talking About Marijuana, Alcohol, and Other Drugs
- Do You Think It’s Real? Responding to Alternate Realities
- Dylan Tighe – “RECORD: Questioning A Scientific View of Mental Health” Play Features Madness Radio
- Transcript of Will Hall Keynote Speech at Alternatives 2012
- Madness Radio Kickstarter Campaign SUCCEEDS! – Thank you to all donors!
@willhall on Twitter
Activism Addiction Alternatives Art Big Pharma Books Children Coming Off Meds Community Depression Diagnostic Labels Documentary Dreams Drugs Ecology Electroshock Families Genetics Healing Trauma Hearing Voices History Holistic Health Homelessness Human Rights Indigenous People International Mad Science Meditation Music Neuroscience Personal Stories Philosophy Poetry Police & Prisons Professionals Psychiatric Abuse Race Real Paranoia Relationships Sexuality Social Justice & War Spirituality Suicide System Reforms Video